RSS

Looking for recipe for Pad Med Mamuang Himmapan

Hi everyone,

There's a dish here in Melbourne, Australia that I've only been able to find from a few restaurants - and it's never the same name. The most recent version I had was called 'Pad Med Mamuang Himmapan', and I had it with thinly sliced beef.

The menu said it was made with dry roasted chilli, cashew nuts, thinly sliced onion and carrots. The beef is quite dark in colour, and has a sweet soy flavour, which may or may not have fish sauce - I thought I detected a hint of it. I'm assuming there is both light and sweet soy along with some oyster sauce and sugar in the marinade / sauce. The actual sauce is vary sparse in the dish.

Does anyone know of the recipe for this dish? I'd love to cook at home.

submitted by /u/Gefaddeyn
[link] [comments]


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment