RSS

Young at heart: Polands party city of Lublin

This year’s European youth capital is having a ball, with great food and nightlife part of the vibrant, multicultural scene – plus a stunning old town

I’d heard about Italian renaissance architecture, but I didn’t know anything about the Lublin renaissance. I arrive in Poland’s ninth largest city just as the sun sets. I haven’t really taken a second to look around until I get into my room at Avatary Miasta hotel (doubles from £78 B&B) in the old town’s market square. I drop my bags at the door and run to the window to take in what looks like an Italian piazza.

It’s not what I expected from a lesser-known Polish city: pastel-coloured buildings with ornate white mouldings and impressive pediments facing each other around the old town hall. Strings of fairy lights link the lively restaurants, and I can imagine people enjoying alfresco dinners on summer evenings.

Continue reading...

from Travel | The Guardian https://ift.tt/hWBguIM

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment