RSS

Tackling the wild Rhône on a bikerafting adventure in France

You never get bored on a trip that switches from cycling along country lanes to paddling down rivers – and takes in picnic stops and wine-tasting, too

Travelling on two wheels is terrific: you cover more ground than on foot, but go slowly enough to take it all in. I’ve had a great time on cycle rides from London to Amsterdam, and Bordeaux to Bilbao. But, dare I say it, after a while cycling can get a bit … samey. Proper long-distance cyclists will no doubt disagree, but I find that my neck starts to ache, my padded shorts aren’t cushioned enough, and sooner or later I’d quite like to stop pedalling and do something else.

Enter bikerafting. On a recent trip to the Savoie Mont Blanc region of the French Alps, a group of us set off from the Shana hotel in Chanaz, a picturesque canalside village, by bike.

Continue reading...

from Travel | The Guardian https://ift.tt/znqBsFk

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment