RSS

Israeli Couscous Minestrone Soup Recipe

The Israeli Couscous Minestrone is a hearty and wholesome soup, that is different from the original minestrone. It follows the simple rubric that makes a minestrone - beans, pasta, tomatoes, and any other vegetables you have available, all thrown together in a big pot.  The result of this soup is hearty, nourishing, and much more than you would expect from something born from improvisation. In my version I have used Israeli couscous (which is actually a small pasta rather than a grain) but feel free to use any other pasta.

Every Monday, I look at what we have in the pantry, fridge, and garden and decide what soup I'm going to make for the week ahead. Sometimes it features seasonal ingredients, such as a summer tomato soup or an autumn pumpkin soup; sometimes it's mostly from the pantry, like a dahl or dried bean and barley soup. Wherever I draw my inspiration from, it's always just the thing for a leisurely lunch at home, quick dinner before I run out to robotics, or anything in between. Having a soup in the fridge makes all the difference when I'm tired and hungry and just want the nearest thing in sight--instead of junk food, I can have a hearty and nutritious meal in minutes.

Serve Israeli Couscous Minestrone Soup Recipe along with Herbed Dinner Rolls RecipeGrilled Vegetable and Oat Salad Recipe with Feta Cheese for a wholesome dinner.

Here are a few more Israeli delicacies that you can also try

  1. Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe
  2. Masala Couscous Pulao Recipe
  3. Roasted Chickpeas With Apples Salad Recipe
  4. Couscous Salad With Cucumber And Feta Cheese Recipe



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment