RSS

‘At last the climax, a nerve-racking step over a vast space’: my Anglesey adventure

Brimming with natural beauty and renowned for its sea kayaking and climbing routes, Anglesey is perfect for a multi-activity break.

Sometimes you have to travel far to understand what you’ve left behind. Fifteen years ago, on a granite slab in the Rockies, a local climbing guide turned to me and said, “Ever heard of a place called Anglesey?”

We’d ascended to a pinnacle under an azure sky. The soaring rock giants of the American west stood sentinel all around. I was a beginner in rock climbing, but this looked about as good as it could get. He sighed. “Anglesey. I’ll go before I die.” He looked away with a thousand-yard stare, and added, gnomically, “A Dream of White Horses.”

Continue reading...

from Travel | The Guardian https://ift.tt/ZoO6Sv2

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment