RSS

[Closing] Out of the Cake Box – Cake Shop Known For Creative Bakes Such As Chendol Fudge Ending Operations

Out of the Cake Box which is known for their creative bakes will be ending operations 15th June 2020 (Mon). (also read: 50 Singapore Restaurants & Cafes Which Closed Or Ending Operations In 2020)

The unassuming cake shop Out of the Cake Box is located at 45 Telok Blangah Drive, and has been popular with residents nearby.

One of the main reasons is because their rental lease is ending at the end month, and they intend to take a break first.

However, they do have “several exciting new projects in the pipeline”, so perhaps fans can hope to see them back soon.

They serve up desserts like Chendol Fudge, Mango Sticky Rice, Watermelon Cake, White Rabbit (yeah, that nostalgic sweet), Rose Lychee, and Matcha Yuzu Cheesecake.

One of my favourites is their Mango Sticky Rice Cake, the iconic Thai dessert in a cake form. Geng mak!

What you get is a square slice of layered coconut glutinous rice, mango jelly, pandan mousse, topped with Thai honey mangoes.

I also remember having my birthday cake there before (went all the way even though considered ‘ulu’ for my friends); and also their Chix Skin / Attap Chee Pineapple Tarts for Chinese New Year in 2014.

A message from their owner:

“A friend asked me what it feels like to hang up my apron finally after so long. I candidly replied, it feels good to finally see some money in the bank and to get my first pretty manicure in nearly 8 years since graduating baking school.

But these feelings are bittersweet. Telok Blangah, you’ve been immensely good to me. You clothed and fed me, watched over me protectively, literally from your kitchen windows and shopfronts, while I baked alone and late into many nights.”

Hope to see you back soon, Cake Fairy.

Out Of The Cake Box
45 Telok Blangah Drive, #01-173, Singapore 100045
Opening Hours: 12pm – 8pm (Tues – Fri), 12pm – 9pm (Sat), 10am – 5pm (Sun), Closed Mon)

Ending operations: 15 June 2020

Other Related Entries
40 Singapore Restaurants & Cafes Which Closed Or Ending Operations In 2020

* Follow @DanielFoodDiary on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for more food news, food videos and travel highlights. DFD paid for food reviewed unless otherwise stated.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment